Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cherries


Yesterday I went to the grocery store. I only went for a few things, but the cherries were on display right up front and caught my eye when I walked through the door. I love fresh cherries. I briefly glanced at the price, but really didn't know if it was a good price or not. As I was in a major rush, I only had time for split-second decisions. I went for the cherries, thinking in the back of my head that it was a bad idea. We're going out of town on Saturday, so we would need to eat them before then and I'm notorious for buying fruit, putting it in the little fruit drawer in the refrigerator and promptly forgetting that it's there. So, as I put the cherries in my basket, I figured it would be a waste of money because I would forget about them and in a week and a half, we would come home to rotten cherries in the refrigerator. But, they looked really good! Well, this morning I was grabbing my lunch and some yogurt for breakfast and I thought, "there's something else I was going to take with my lunch. What was it?" I thought for a couple seconds. The cherries! I remembered the cherries and grabbed a bunch to take with my lunch. And as I sat at my desk eating my lunch and enjoying the very tasty cherries, I was glad I bought them!

2 comments:

LJ, DC and ML said...

JJ I am so there with you. I always forget the fruit. I've learned that if I come home and immediately cut it up and get it ready to eat and then put in ziplock tupperwares, then I'm 100% more likely to remember to bring it with me to work. Unfortunately that still means there's like a 10% chance I won't remember it at all. I'm pretty bad.

Veronica said...

Josh bought us some cherries the other day. They were so yummy! I am glad you were able to enjoy them.