Thursday, February 11, 2010

Are You Ready?



The 2010 Winter Olympic Games start tomorrow. This year they will be held in Vancouver. I am an Olympic Games fanatic and I wish that money was not an object and I could go watch the games in person. Nonetheless, I'm still very excited to start watching them on TV. Every two years I look forward to the awesomeness, the spectacle, the competition, the camaraderie that is the Olympics Games. This year, I will be fortunate enough to be watching the action in HD which is, perhaps, the next best thing to being there. I did not used to be a believer in the power of HD television. Then, I watched a full season of Survivor in HD and now I'm a total convert. So, our television will most likely be on 16/7 (I do have to sleep) for the next two weeks, tuned into NBC HD. Except, of course, having to catch up on a tivoed, non-HD version of the opening ceremonies because of a conflicting social gathering (what were you thinking, HB?). I have my spot all picked out on the couch and am ready to spend copious amounts of time parked in front of the TV for the next two weeks cheering for the USA. Are you?

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I saw a commercial on Hulu last night while watching White Collar that had the Olympic rings (in a Coke commercial or something). I'm so not with things that I had to ask Matt if the Olympics were going on right now. Pathetic, I know.

Gordita said...

I have also recently become a huge fan of the Olympics. And HD? How could you have even pretended to be skeptical? Hello! HIGH D.E.F.I.N.I.T.I.O.N. It's not just the man's excuse to buy a new TV. It is the wave of the future! There's nothing like having Ryan Seacrest look like he's ACTUALLY in your living room. So yay for HD! and YAY for the Olympics! And yay for watching the Olympics in HD. Boo for social schedules that interfere with watching the opening ceremonies.

Hayley said...

wow, you weren't kidding when you asked how i could host a party on the olympic kick-off night. hopefully you will survive.

Sharon said...

HD is overrated. It would be great if all channels broadcasted in it but they don't. So when you are watching a channel that doesn't, it's better to watch it on the old tv. But what do I know. I thought we didn't need surround sound in the basement but Steve let the contractor know that we definitely did. As for the Olympics, love them, but I'm all about the sports. Opening Ceremonies don't do it for me. If I want to watch clowns jumping around, I'll go to Cirque du Solei