Monday, April 26, 2010

Home At Last

Well, I have safely returned from Spain (and am obviously trying to adjust to the time change since I find myself awake and in desperate need of a snack at 4 in the morning) and posts of our adventures will come when I've had a chance to adjust and go through pictures. But, I will tell about my favorite moment from the journey home.

On the flight from New York to SFO, I was sitting in the middle seat with a guy on my left at the window and an older lady, probably in her 70's or 80's on my right at the aisle. The older lady was very nice and was returning from a trip to Milan. We settled into the flight and found our various things to do to keep busy on a cross-country flight. All three of us were watching movies from the airplane's in-flight entertainment system. I found it mildly entertaining when, at different points of the movie, this little old lady would jump a little or gasp quietly in her seat at whatever had happened on screen (it must have been a little scary), but it was quiet enough that nobody else noticed.

So there we all are, watching our movies, everyone else on the plane doing whatever they were doing, the flight attendants coming down the aisle with beverage service and all of a sudden, this little old lady jumps in her seat and screams bloody murder. Me and the man next to me knew that something scary must have just happened in the movie and we immediately started cracking up. But, nobody else on the plane knew what was going on and they all turned to see what had happened. Of course, the flight attendant came rushing over to see what was wrong, asking who screamed and what the problem was. Well, the little old lady explained that it was she that had screamed and it was just the movie. I believe her words were, "it's really a thriller." Anyway, the incident still brings a smile to my face just thinking about it. Hopefully, it will bring one to yours.

Adventures and pictures to follow. I think I need another snack...

4 comments:

Molly said...

Ha! That is hilarious. I love that people in the plane were concerned.

Sharon said...

Probably watching The Squeaquel. I think I would scream too. As for referring to Heavenly Father as HF, you might want to rethink that. You obviously haven't been studying the Old Testament as much as you should.

melissa ( : said...

so funny! glad you made it home!

mommafriz said...

Yeah Jennie is home!!!