Monday, September 12, 2011

Living It Up

This baby is due in a week. But, we're planning on her coming this Thursday. Thursday would be an ideal day for a few reasons. First, it's my niece's birthday and she really wants us to have the baby on her birthday. Second, my doctor is actually on duty that night, so as long as I have the baby after 6pm, my doctor could deliver it. And, finally, Thursday is only a few days away. So, that's what we're shooting for. In the mean time, I've decided that with the impending birth of our child and our subsequent loss of freedom and care-free living, I should live it up while I can. So what have I been doing? Well, Saturday morning we took a trip to the movies. We finally saw the new Harry Potter. It was a great way to spend Saturday morning and did you know that morning movies are, like, half the price of regular time movies? Totally lived it up that day. Also, I got a pedicure. And by pedicure, I mean my niece came over and painted my toes. Lap of luxury, I tell you. And, today I went for a little swim. Not for a workout and not to battle algae. I just got in the pool to paddle around for awhile. It felt fantastic. Okay, so maybe my 9-month pregnant self is not up for living it up like I used to. Still, I think I made some good efforts. And, I've still got a few more days...

4 comments:

Ella said...

The anticipation is KILLING me! This is going to be AWESOME! If we were placing bets I feel like the little lady will be making her appearance on Sep 20. Sorry. :)

melissa ( : said...

Good luck, Jenni! I hope everything goes well for you!
We'll be thinking of you on Thursday. ( :

...
Or whenever Baby decides to come, but I agree Thursday sounds like a good day!

Molly said...

That totally sounds like living it up to me. Absolutely.

Andrea said...

I'm sure it's not feeling like this to you, but time has flown with this pregnancy. We are very excited for you. Hope the whole Thursday deal works out. ;)