Friday, October 19, 2007

Aim High


Sometimes working with high school kids can be aggravating, but sometimes it can be hilarious. A couple weeks ago, I was covering a high school football game. It was fleet week, so the Blue Angels were practicing during the game and flew by frequently. The doctor and I were chatting about the Blue Angels with one of the football players on the sideline. This kid is one of the better players on the team and has high hopes for a career in the NFL. The doctor told him that he wanted to figure out a way to get a ride in one of the jets. The kid thought that would be cool and then he responded with one of the best quotes I've heard in a long time. "If football doesn't work out, I'm going to space!"

1 comment:

Molly said...

That is hilarious. Remind me to become an astronaut if teaching ESL doesn't work out.