Molly tagged me. And because it was Molly, I will participate. I have a theory about blog tagging, though. I think it was first invented by someone who wanted to talk about themself without it looking like they wanted to talk about themself. Let's face it - everyone likes to talk about himself/herself. But, it looks bad. So, if you come up with an activity that requires you to talk about yourself, then you're doing it because you're "supposed to" not because you want to. So, I think somebody wanted to blog about themself one day and came up with this tag business to make it okay. And I'm not trying to say anything about people who participate in tagging (hello, that would obviously include me), I'm just putting forth my theory on its foundation. Okay, on to the six random things about me. And, I will try to make them things that most people don't know.
1. I usually wake up with some sort of music in my head. It's not usually anything I've been listening to recently, either. It's totally random. Yesterday it was "yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me" (yes, I love Pirates of the Carribean - it is one of my favorite rides at Disneyland. And yes, Disneyland is one of my all time favorite places to visit). Today it was also something totally random, but I can't remember what.
2. I am not a puker. I can count on one hand the number of times I've thrown up in my whole life. But, one of those times was in front of my whole class in the school library when I was in third grade.
3. When I was about 6 or 7, I thought it would be really awesome to punch someone - you know like I always saw them do in movies (punching is different than hitting. Hitting, no big deal. Punching, that's a different story). So, my brother made me mad once and I punched him in the face. That was a big mistake since he was bigger than me. He slammed me against the wall and I've never thought it would be awesome to punch someone again. I still punch people in the face sometimes (while playing punchface), but that's different. Punchface is a game. I'm talking about punching just for the sake of punching. Sounds fun, but it doesn't always work out.
4. I have two guilty pleasure songs that bring joy to my heart. Guilty pleasure songs are those songs that you really shouldn't love, but you do. Those songs that you are just ashamed to like. But, if you like it, you like it and you have to embrace that. Everybody is entitled to have some guilty pleasure songs and they're very liberating. If you haven't identified your guilty pleasure songs, I encourage you to do so ASAP. Mine are "Lucky" by Britney Spears - so awesome! - and "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston - that is the most awesome song to belt out in the car!
5. I love clouds. This is something that I decided a couple weeks ago. I don't always like what's inside the clouds, but when have you ever seen an ugly cloud? You haven't. That's because there are none. In all of their forms, clouds are wonderful. And when it's foggy, you get to be inside the clouds! Clouds make beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Bright white clouds agains a beautiful blue sky makes a stunning contrast. Even rolling, gray thunderclouds are pretty awesome. Clouds - I love them!
6. When I was about 5 years old, I threw a paper airplane during sacrament meeting at church. My brother made it and gave it to me. And what is a 5 year old kid going to do when they're given a paper airplane? Throw it, of course! And that's what I did and it went flying! Probably one of my best endeavors. Nobody wants to admit it, but everyone loves it when stuff like that happens in church! And, that's one of the main reasons I'm excited to go to a family ward!
Okay. Those are the 6 random things about me. Now, I tag Jessica, Ella, and Amy! Ready. . . go!