Thursday, September 17, 2009

Life

My sister called last night. She wanted to make sure I'm alive since it's been so long since I've updated my blog. My sincerest apologies. I've wanted to post several times, but the problem is that life just keeps happening and sometimes it doesn't allow much time for blogging. So, I'll give you a brief rundown of the things I've wanted to post about in the last few weeks, but just haven't had time for.

1. I ran over a bolt. Poor Maggie. She took it like a champ. The bolt punctured right through the tire, leaving it with 0 air pressure in a matter of minutes. Thank everything for run flats. Even with no air pressure in the tire and a gaping hole, I was able to drive home from work and then drive to my favorite tire place the next day to get the tire replaced. What is my favorite tire place, you ask? America's Tire Company. They're awesome and have always treated me right. I could probably be their spokesperson. When encountered with such a circumstance as a bolt in the tire, they prorate the price of a new tire based on how much tread is left - as long as you purchased the tire there originally, which I did. So, a 225 dollar tire (yes, that's singular) ended up costing me about 110 dollars. If you ever have any tire issues, go to America's Tire Company. They're awesome.

2. Visitors. My sister, Julie, and her husband, Terrell, came to visit for Labor Day. It was a short visit, but we had lots of fun. We went out to dinner, had all the family in the area over for Sunday dinner, and spent Labor Day poking around Capitola. We also introduced Julie & Terrell to Rock Band, which prompted them to buy the Beatles version as soon as it came out. I also demonstrated to Terrell how I shoot at the squirrels around here. It was fun to have them here for a visit. Last weekend, my brother, Byron, and two of his kids, Ben and Sierra, came to stay with us so they could go to my niece, Alyssa's, missionary farewell. Good times with family.

I guess that's it. You really haven't missed that much. But, rest assured, I'm very much alive and keeping pretty busy. I will try to keep a little more on top of the posting so as not to disappoint my adoring fans. The last few weeks have been a little hectic, but hopefully things will slow down a bit and leave me with a bit more time to devote to the blogosphere.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Glad to have you back.

melissa ( : said...

Missed ya!

Gordita said...

This adoring fan is so happy to hear from you.

Dana said...

Poor Maggie, I'm glad she's ok. shes a trooper.