Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Upping the Ante

In preparation for our upcoming move, Mr. Frisby and I have been going through some of our stuff and getting rid of some things. We found some old textbooks and decided to sell them online. My old textbook was selling new on Amazon for over 100 bucks. We listed mine for 90 and then lowered the price to 80 dollars when it wasn't selling. The book sold yesterday, giving us a profit of about 70 dollars after shipping costs. I decided to make a small purchase with the proceeds:



Since we already have all of the Rock Band Instruments, we only needed the game disc to begin our own version of Beatlemania. Mr. Frisby was ecstatic when I came home with that little gem and after dinner, we immediately got to work rocking out to the Beatles' legendary tunes. We popped in the disc and our eyes sparkled with wonder and awe as the intro played across the screen. We became almost giddy as we scrolled through the song list and picked "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" for our first attempt. It wasn't far into the song, however, when I realized how much pressure I was feeling to do well. You see, without knowing it, we had upped the Rock Band ante. I found myself trying my best to not miss a note, not because I didn't want a bad score, but because I didn't want to disgrace the Fab Four. All of sudden, success had more to do with playing the song right for the sake of making the song sound good than for getting a high percentage of notes hit right. You can't screw up the Beatles - that's just not cool. So, there we were, playing our hearts out in honor of four guys from Liverpool. And we were having the time of our lives. Soon, we even got out the microphone so we could sing along. We never use the mic unless we have four people playing and we have to. But, when it's the Beatles, you can't help but sing along. So, now we have the Beatles Rock Band and I believe it has taken us to a new level of video game euphoria. We don't play too many video games, but The Beatles Rock Band is about the best thing a video game system can hope for and it makes us giddy to play it. Anyone want to join in?

10 comments:

Dana said...

I was hoping you would buy it, yes!!! Party at the Frisbies! How many songs are there? I can't wait!

Ashlee said...

Oooooh! Pick me, pick me! December can't come soon enough now! I love the Beatles.

melissa ( : said...

Sounds fun! I'd love to watch you guys play sometime.

Molly said...

I do! You know when the last time was that we picked up our rock band guitar (or any piece of our Wii for that matter)? Who knows. Months and months and months go by and we don't touch it. What a waste of money, huh? And yet I won't let Christian sell it, because it was expensive. :) But maybe if I had some Beatles songs to play I'd be interested.

Sharon said...

Jenni, glad you finally updated with something interesting. Didn't want to say it before, but your last blog was BORING! I know that's not like you, but I didn't want to say anything just in case you had changed in some crazy way. Glad to see the true Jenni is back. Can you go through my stuff and sell some things on EBay?

Anonymous said...

So this is where Arthur got the idea...this morning he mentioned that we should by it and I thought, we haven't played Rock Band for so long, why would we do that? Apparently it brings joys we've never felt before!!

Andrea said...

Sounds like tons of fun.

MomandDad said...

Hey Jen, Can I play when we get home?

Dalene said...

What move?

Gordita said...

The huz and I are going to get Rockband II for an early Christmas gift, soon I hope. Then we will be Rock Banders like you guys.