Friday, October 23, 2009

Proofreading

Some of you, or all of you, may have noticed some typos in my last couple of posts. During my many years of schooling and writing papers, I have prided myself on handing in assignments with very few, if any, typographical errors. I always proofread my writing to ensure correct spelling and grammar. My last couple of posts were no exceptions. After writing them and proofreading them, I posted them only to realize that there were some typos that had escaped my scrutiny. This is maddening to me! I have never had a need to question my proofreading skills in the past, but I fear that my age is catching up with me and my mind is not as alert and quick as it used to be. I may have to start having Mr. Frisby do a second proofread on my posts. Birthdays and getting older have never bothered me in the past because all of the physical changes that occurred were positive ones. Now I feel that negative changes are starting to take place and I don't want to get older. After my proofreading skills, I can only imagine what will be the next thing to go...

6 comments:

Gordita said...

I've been embarrassed to reread some of my posts just to realize I had spelling errors. Embarrassed may be too tame a word: horrified is more like it. I have no problem editing posts once they've been published.

BTW, I did not notice any spelling errors in your last post. (What does that say about my mind?)

Andrea said...

Haha. I've noticed it to (on my own posts, not yours). It drives me nuts when I use the wrong word. I definitely know when to use there, their, and they're, but I've noticed it incorrectly place a time or two. Drives me batty. Guess I can blame it on my old age too. :)

Sharon said...

I find that pregnancy makes me very forgetful and not all there. I often misspell words when I'm pregnant that wouldn't slide by my scrutiny when not pregnant.

Kim said...

Sharon is correct about pregnancy brain. The sad thing about that is that my brain has never bounced back post-partum. And certainly spending 16 hours a day talking with 3 kids under the age of 5 about poop, Elmo, and fruit snacks hasn't helped either.

Tammy said...

Jenni, if you're old then I am ancient! I can barely see your posts because of the blur, much less check them for spelling and grammer errors. Post on and feel free to mess up.

Dalene said...

Why all the pregnancy talk?