Friday, May 28, 2010

Another Travelogue

I think I can do this one in one post. Mr. Frisby and I just got back from a trip to Utah and Idaho. Mr. Frisby's sister got married, so that was the reason for the trip. We arrived in Utah on Wednesday night and stayed with my sister in Lehi. The wedding was the following day in Manti. We wanted to do a session before the sealing, so we got up bright and early to get to the temple in time. I took us about an hour and forty minutes to get there. I had never been to Manti, but have heard all about the temple and the pageant, so I was pretty curious about the town. It is definitely a beautiful temple as you can see in the following picture:

I figured that with a temple and the pageant and everything, Manti would be a decent sized town. No thriving metropolis, mind you, but I thought it would at least have some stoplights on its main drag. However, I quickly learned that Manti is tiny. Not one stoplight. Surprising. And yet, after seeing the countryside on the drive there, it's actually not that surprising.

Anyway, the wedding was lovely, the weather was lovely, the bride and groom were lovely. Weddings are great.

Mr. Frisby and I outside the temple after the ceremony

The happy couple

After the wedding ceremony, we went to the luncheon and then it was off to Rexburg to get ready for the reception there the following day. We got to Rexburg Thursday night and Friday was spent making all of the necessary preparations for the reception. The reception was great and I spent much of the time helping with the food and punch and eating chips and dip.

The wedding cake - Ginormous!

Me at the reception

Hilary "helping" with the punch

We left Rexburg on Saturday afternoon to head back to Utah since Mr. Frisby had a flight to catch on Sunday. We met up with some of my family that lives in Utah and spent the night with my sister in Lehi. We went to church on Sunday and got to see my niece play a piano solo in Sacrament Meeting. Then we headed to my brother's for a brief visit with them and then it was off to the airport so Mr. Frisby could catch his flight. I was staying a couple of extra days so I could spend more time with my family. While visiting my family in Utah, we got to meet my sister's little newborn who was just a few weeks old.

Isn't she cute?

I had to include this picture because I took it and I'm really proud of how it turned out.

I also got to meet this little guy. He's my brother's son and, while he is almost a year old, this was our first in person encounter.

Another cutie.

The only downside to the trip was the weather. Wait a second. Didn't I say the weather was lovely at the wedding? I did indeed. The weather was lovely at the wedding. And it was decent at the reception. But, it all went downhill from there. On Saturday, we left a spring snowstorm in Rexburg. Sunday in Utah was fairly sunny, but cold. On Monday, I woke up to this:

I don't care who this El Nino fellow is, but you should never wake up to a blanket of snow on May 24th in Utah (it did set a new record, by the way). Fortunately the snow melted by that afternoon and the weather started to get a little better by the following day. Just in time for me to leave. It was a quick, but fun trip. It was so fun to go to the wedding and to meet the new little niece and nephew. Now we just have time to get settled back into our regular schedule before heading off on yet another adventure next month. Stay tuned...


姜姜 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mommafriz said...

That baby looks so sweet!!!