There are many unpleasant things about moving. Like packing. And unpacking. And cleaning. And leaving the people and places you know. But, there are many reasons that make us very excited to move. Here is an incomplete list of all the reasons why moving day can't come soon enough for the Frisbys.
1. I'm sick of carrying armloads of groceries into our building, up the stairs, and down the hall to our apartment. It will be much better to carry them from the garage to the kitchen in our new house.
2. I'm tired of doing laundry in the community laundry room. I get irritated when I carry my laundry all the way down to the laundry room only to find that all 5 washing machines have been taken by one lady who has just barely started all of the machines. And I really hate it when I walk into the laundry room and the machines are done, but still full because whoever is responsible for those clothes isn't watching the time. And then, when I come back an hour later, nothing has changed - including the fact that I still have laundry that needs to be done. And I really hate it when I open a washer to put my stuff in and I can see what came off the clothes in the previous load. And I really hate having to pay for every washer load and for every 10 minutes of drying time. I am so excited to have my very own washer and dryer just steps away in the garage. Can you tell this is a very big incentive for me to move?
3. Maggie is really excited to finally be living in a garage instead of always being parked in the sun.
4. Secondhand smoke sent our way by our courteous downstairs neighbors. No good.
5. Loud middle of the night conversations or parties by any of our wall sharing neighbors and some of our non-wall sharing neighbors for that matter.
6. I like having a pool, but not one that complete strangers also swim in. And I don't like how those complete strangers yell and splash and make lots of noise that is easily bounced off the surrounding walls and amplified until it feels like they're yelling and splashing and making noise in our living room.
7. The extremely heavy footsteps of our upstairs neighbor.
8. The ability to play Rock Band and Dance, Dance Revolution without the fear of disturbing our neighbors (because unlike a lot of people that apparently live in our building, we are actually concerned with not disturbing others).
9. And, last but not least, we are ready for a dog!
Hooray for moving day!