Awhile ago, I mentioned a project that wasn't coming along very quickly. After many months, I have finally finished and I now give you The Great Armoire Project. Really, it's just some before and after pictures. I had a hard enough time motivating myself to get it done. I wasn't about to take detailed pictures of the process.
It all started back in December with this old armoire that we acquired from some friends who never wanted to have to move the beast again:
Unfortunately, I didn't think to take any pictures until I had removed the old hardware and started priming. But, I think you get the idea. A decent piece of furniture, but not really my style in its current state.
Fast forward several months, several coats of paint, some distressing, and some new knobs from Anthropologie and here's our new again armoire:
As this was my first attempt at refinishing furniture, I had no idea what I was doing. But, there are some very good instructions/tutorials online and I took full advantage of them. And I'm super pleased with how it turned out. It looks great in our Master Bedroom with our Crate and Barrel bed. I totally think I am justified in tooting my own horn on this one. Toot, Toot!