Friday, August 12, 2011

Catch Up

It's been almost a month since I blogged. It's not that I haven't had things to blog about. It's just that most of them aren't very exciting things. So, I've been putting it off. But, I guess enough is enough and it's time to let you know what's been going on. First off, my brother and his family came to visit. This was actually one of the exciting things that's happened. They got here the day before we came back from our vacation, so we continued the busy summer adventures as soon as we got home. We kept very busy with them here.

We went to the zoo.


We went to Point Lobos where we saw lots of wildlife and the boys threw rocks.


We also spent lots of time in the pool. Please note: this is not the best photo of our pool time, but it's one of the very few photos with me in it, so I thought I should probably include it.


We also had other fun activities that I did not get pictures of, like going to the Exploratorium, going to the beach, going to the Jelly Belly outlet, etc, etc. It was great to have them here visiting.

After they left, it was back to business. We've been busy getting ready for this baby to come. Some of these preparations have been fun. Like buying really cute clothes. And getting the nursery all ready. And having a baby shower.



Other preparations have not been so fun. Like spending an hour and a half just figuring out how the carseat works and how to install it in the car. Or figuring out what to do with all the stuff that we used to have in the nursery before we turned it into a nursery.

And, as if that weren't enough to keep us busy for the last month or so, we've been battling an algae problem in our pool.



The algae came while we were on vacation. And, as we soon learned, this was not your normal algae that is taken care of by adding copious amounts of algicide and pool shock. This was black algae, which may as well be called the black plague. It's pretty evil stuff and very tenacious. Instead of going away with all the chemicals we were adding, it just continued to spread. To the point that I didn't even want to get in the pool (would you want to get in a pool like the one in the picture?) Fortunately, though, we've been battling it like crazy and, at this point, we've got it on the ropes. And, our pool doesn't look like the above picture anymore. So, I've been swimming again and getting a pretty wicked tan.

Mr. Frisby has been busy removing ugly juniper trees from our front yard and installing more shelves in the closets. And, of course, we've had doctor appointments, various baby prep classes at the hospital, including a tour of the Labor & Delivery department, and we've been trying to finish up other projects before the baby arrives. So, it's really been a whirlwind of activity. The good news is that the nursery is almost done. I just have to put the bumper pads in the crib when my mom finishes those and I have a wall above the crib that is currently empty because I can't figure out what to do with it. Anyone have any good nursery decorating ideas for a blank wall? Once I get the nursery all done, I will post some pictures.

And that has been our last several weeks in a nutshell.

3 comments:

melissa ( : said...

Something like this would cute be cute to hang after baby comes:
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/silver-leaf-hand-print-and-footprint-frame/?pkey=gthmoccbsh

Or we hung Maya's name in letters above her crib:
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/lower-case-letters/?pkey=e|letters|6|best|0|1|24||3&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules-_-

It's kind fun to leave some empty space in the nursery and then you can personalize after baby arrives! ( :

xoo

Sharon said...

Holy crap! If you have a tan, I feel like I should fly out there just to see it.

Molly said...

I am terrible at putting stuff up on walls in bedrooms or nurseries. Terrible. I would be no help whatsoever in that department.