Saturday, October 12, 2013

24 Months

I have A LOT to blog about. And very little time. But, we'll see what we can get done. Stella turned two over two weeks ago. I'm behind on blogging about it because we were on a cruise when it happened. See? A lot to blog about. Stella, her birthday celebrations, our vacation, our new house, plus a bunch of other fun things. So, let's start with Stella's 24th month and then I'll try to tackle those other things.


Stella is a riot. She makes us laugh on a daily basis. She talks like a boss now and has even begun to sing here and there. She knows some of her books fairly well and will quote some of the lines with us as we read. Unfortunately, it was a super hectic month for us as we were getting things ready for our cruise, so I didn't take a lot of notes on what Stella has been up to. I'll just have to rely on the pictures we took and my memory.

Stella says "hi" and "bye" to everyone and everything. She's quite a social girl most of the time and made lots of friends on our cruise. And she is just as social with inanimate objects as she is with people. She's even become pretty tight with Siri and it's not uncommon for me to take my phone from her and see something like this:


Unfortunately Siri doesn't speak "Stella" as well as I do.

We only let Stella have a pacifier when she goes down for a nap or to bed at night. She likes to have two - one for her mouth and one to hold in her hand. I've recently noticed that she holds her second paci with the nipple in between her fingers like a cigarette. I find this hysterical. See above comment about Stella being a riot.


She copies pretty much everything we say and do. She saw me foam rolling one day and decided to give it a try. And she wasn't half bad.


She also LOVES to help with pretty much anything. If you tell her you need her help with something, she'll run right over. She's started helping Mr. Frisby set the table a little bit and loves putting the silverware at each place. She also helps a little bit with emptying the silverware basket in the dishwasher.

Stella and Scout remain good buddies and play more and more together. They missed each other quite a bit when we were on our cruise. I think they're equally good at annoying each other, too. It's pretty funny.


I guess that's about it for this month. As I said, things were super hectic this last month, so not too much detail. Oh well. I'll do separate posts for her birthday celebrations and some fun adventures we did with her before the cruise.

It is a little crazy to have a two year old, though. It's been so fun over these last few months especially to see how much she's learned and progressed. She communicates so much more and her personality gets bigger every day. I really can't imagine life without her. We love our little Stella!

1 comment:

MomandDad said...

Doesn't that girl look like a natural for the piano. I'm expecting big things from her.