Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving in Rexburg

This year, Jared and I went to Rexburg to spend Thanksgiving with his whole family. Good times were had by all. The fun began on Tuesday when we met up with Jared's brother, Jordan. He and Jared's dad have quads, so we took those out for a little spin. It was fairly cold and I had never been on a quad before, so we kept it pretty low-key. For me, I was just trying to get the hang of driving it. The quads were manuals, so I had to get the hang of using my hands for the clutch and throttle and going up and down with the pedal to shift. I got the hang of it fairly quickly, though, and we had a great time. Jared and I switched off driving his dad's quad while his brother rode his own.


Jared and I living dangerously


On Wednesday, after a day of running errands and taking care of some other things, we went on a little hike with Jared's sister Ashlee who needed to take some photos for one of her classes. We had a good time, although it started to get pretty cold with the sun going down. When we got near the top, we realized we didn't have flashlights, so we had to make sure we made it down before dark.


Cute Jared climbing up the mountain



I'm so little way up there!



We made it to the top!


On Thanksgiving morning, we decided to go to the ice caves which are near Jared's parents' house. The ice caves are lava tubes which have lots of ice frozen inside. So, you're mostly walking (or sliding) on ice the whole time. There were frozen ice crystals all over the sealing and sheets of ice on the floors. It looked really cool. Some parts of the caves got very narrow and we had to slide through on our knees or stomach. It was pretty awesome. And, of course, we finished off Thanksgiving with a fabulous meal. We also had family pictures, but that involved some drama which will have to wait for another post. . .


Jared and I ready to start the adventure



Ashlee sliding through



Hilary and Bernie enjoying the headroom



Jared helping Zoie through one of the tight spots



Me with my ice nub that I found in one of the caves

8 comments:

Molly said...

This post makes me cold. Very, very cold.

LJ, DC and ML said...

Woah! Is that a beard I see on Jared?? Yes, I'm with Molly. I feel really cold now, but the ice caves look awesome. Also I'm glad you were for safety on the quads. Very very glad!

cara said...

Nice to see what you did in-between seeing us! You look like you had tons of fun!

Gordita said...

The pink helmet is definitely evidence of you living dangerously. I love it!

Jeff and Amy said...

I'm not a fan of the cold, and I was reminded of that in Utah. I'm a California girl through and through. I was surprised that Rexburg had fun stuff to do - I thought there wasn't much going on there...little did I know.

Hayley said...

yes, looks like the 2 of you did live dangerously for the weekend.

Andrea said...

Great shots, but where are the molestache pictures?

Berrett's said...

hey i like your hat! I'm glad you had fun with Turkey Day...brrrr though. :) And looks like you had fun living "dangerously"!! :) I'm jealous!! Hope you are doing well...haven't talked to you for awhile!

love,
tina