On Saturday, we finished ceiling project #3. I didn't take pictures of the process because it was the same process as that we used for ceiling project #1. This ceiling project entailed putting up tongue and groove wood planking on the master bedroom ceiling. The only difference between that and the wood planking in the living room is that we painted the wood white. Actually, I did one coat of primer and one coat of paint, so it's thin enough that you can see some of the knots in the wood. Basically, a heavy whitewash. And I'm pleased as punch at how it turned out.
As with the living room ceiling, we owe big thank yous to everyone who helped out. The help was huge because we were able to finish it all in one day - moulding and everything. That was partly because we knew what we were doing this time around and partly because our materials were far superior to the first time around. The wood we got was better quality and, therefore, far more cooperative when it came to going into place. Lesson learned: materials make a difference. Anyway, we're very excited because now all of our major projects are totally done. Now it's just little things like putting up a shelf here and reattaching a smoke detector there. Of course, that's only temporary because I have visions of a master bedroom with a beautiful whitewashed wood ceiling, very dark wood floors, a new wall color - perhaps a blue-grey - and maybe even some wainscoting. And with the ceiling done, we're on our way!